The West Virginia Society for Respiratory Care (WVSRC), a chartered affiliate of the American Association for Respiratory Care, is sponsoring their annual 2-day winter conference focused on increasing the knowledge and capabilities of the health professional working with patients with lung disease on February 6-7, 2014, at Canaan Valley Resort and Conference Center, in Davis, WV.
Topics for this educational conference will include:
- Learn “best practices” and the latest disease treatment techniques
- Learn more about HealthNet in WV
- New concepts in treating pediatrics
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- RT programs and the challenges they face now and in the future
- Learn about Alpha-1 Antitrypsin from a patient advocate
- Receive continuing education units for RTs, RNs, and LPNs
- Network and learn from others
- Learn how the WVSRC is working for YOU!
- Vendors onsite (Click for vendors pre-registration form)
- Individual Day Conference Rates available for AARC and non-members
- RT Director Meeting offered
Additional savings and discounts are available to AARC members who attend!
Become a Member today!
- Who Should Attend: RT/CardioPulmonary Managers, Supervisors, and Directors, staff Respiratory Therapists, Nurses, allied health professionals, and students.
- Early Registration: COMING SOON! Also via Mail (postcard to be mailed from the WV Board of Respiratory Care)
- Full Conference Details and Agenda will be posted on www.wvsrc.org
- For more information or questions, please contact:
The West Virginia Society is an approved provider for Respiratory Care WVBORC #12-14-001, and Nursing WVBORN # 1997-0171RN.
Application will be made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists.
A maximum CEU credit is 10. Attendees must attend each lecture to receive all possible credits.
Hope to see you in February!
The West Virginia Society for Respiratory Care is offering six $100 scholarships to eligible students. To be eligible you must be in your last year of a CoARC accredited Respiratory Care program in West Virginia, which are listed below. There will be one winner from each of the six schools. To enter please complete the form on this website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2014. Your application will be reviewed by select members or past members of the WVSRC, who are not staff members of any of the Respiratory programs, and they will be blind to school affiliations and your name. They will only see school A application 1 as an example. If you have any questions about eligibility please discuss with your program instructors. The winners will be announced at the WVSRC Winter Conference at Canaan Valley on February 6th and 7th 2014. You do not have to be present to win. Good luck! Click here to download a application.
Carver Career Center
Marshall University / St. Mary's Medical Center
Pierpont Community & Technical College/Fairmont State University
Southern West Virginia Community College
West Virginia Northern Community College
Wheeling Jesuit University
Tell Me Again What the AARC Does For Me
So, let's sum it up. Why should you join the AARC?
Professional Growth. Since 1947, the American Association for Respiratory Care has been committed to enhancing your professionalism as a respiratory therapist, improving your performance on the job, and helping you broaden the scope of knowledge essential to your success.